We see our vision’s, company’s, and artist’s youth and potential as an opportunity to bring fresh eyes to classical and contemporary works. We seek to focus on honest, presentist storytelling that illuminates, analyzes and critically questions the structures that make up the society around us. We have chosen for forge ahead with our own vision as young artists, in an attempt to change and challenge the conventional rules of what is expected from the “young and inexperienced.”
Questioning the boundaries of what is acceptable and how the world can be viewed is such a compelling mission we have decided to set out in uncharted waters in an attempt to achieve this momentous feat. It is, after all, part of the very purpose of the arts to challenge the received beliefs of the society around it. We believe that New York City is a ripe breeding ground for a company based not on years of prestige or big name stars but on fresh ideas, artistic integrity, youthful vigor and collectivist, progressive ideology. We will pool our resources and implement a multi-leveled out-reach program in order to become one of the companies producing raw provocative theatre spearheading a new induration of navigating the New York theatre scene.
The Mercury Glass Theatre Company embraces the traditional edifying role of the arts in society by illuminating the world through presentist examination and cultivation of classical and contemporary creations in order to impact and influence its audience towards a more progressive, socially responsible future.
- Producing classic and contemporary works performed in an intimate setting exposing the audience to the themes of the play through naked truth, creative interpretation, and honest storytelling.
- Challenging the ways in which people view the world by developing productions that highlight sociologically progressive themes.
- Working with young artists, students and educators to help craft the next generation of Americans who recognize the social and cultural potency of theatre.
- Providing broader audiences access to provoking, engaging performances through the development of a variable pricing structure.
- Educating, enriching and engaging local schools and the bourgeoning artistic community around us through a series of focused outreach programs designed to bring our artistic endeavors to others spaces as well as bring them into our own.
- Breaking the mold for emerging artists by rejecting the conventional career paths and opportunities pre-designed to guide our careers.